Monday, June 24, 2013

My first real OC: My fantroll (Homestuck)


This is the first real original fan character I've made, and I have mixed emotions about it.  The good?  I had an incredible amount of fun creating her, and I'm looking forward to seeing what others have to say about her.  The negative?  As it is not my world, I'm really afraid that the Homestucks are going to crash down on me and tell me how horrible my character is, both as a troll and as an OC altogether.  That's the reason that I don't do much fan art.  I'm just going to stay with the fact that I really had fun and am proud of it.  I'm open to any constructive criticism. 

The art was drawn by me, using a mouse to draw (My tablet and I are still not working together.) with GIMP.  I do know that if we actually go with the numbers, the blood color hue is too blue of a purple to be a sea troll.  Why didn't I worry about making sure that the hue was precisely correct?  Because I didn't want to do it.  Everyone seemed to be quoting the specific numbers on hue, yet when I checked the canon art, Eridan and Gamzee were off by as much as ten points from their supposed specific number, depending on the image.  So.  My point is, I didn't want to stress over it. 

Without further delay:





You are VITREL OBFUSA, and you are almost six and a half sweeps old.  You don’t spend a lot of time around others, and that is fine with you.  You often feel that your lusus is the only one that really understands you, and your lusus thinks you need to stop acting like such a grub.  You love PUZZLES and MAZES, and you are easily lost in completing them.  In fact, you become so focused on solving a new puzzle that you often don’t realize the danger you’re putting yourself in, until you’ve found the puzzle’s solution.  That’s usually okay, because you’re good at delivering fast and dangerous attacks, before you disappear.  This is a good thing, since, once you stopped being an actual grub, your lusus started disappearing and leaving you to fend for yourself in danger.  Your hive is full of RANDOM TREASURES that you brought home from the LABYRINTHS you’ve explored.  You don’t really care about any of them, but you’re not sure what you should do with them either.  

You aren’t really comfortable with others, but you can mimic it well.  You prefer to talk to people online, where you can stay safe in your own little maze, your hive.  You’re not completely comfortable out of water, but the puzzles decide where you go.  You find most land dweller food to be unpalatable.  

You are skilled with the MORNINGSTAR and have recently begun to produce POISONS.  You are also skilled at OPENING LOCKS and ESCAPING.  You can fit through ridiculously small places, when you put your mind to it.  You can be quite slippery when you want to be.

Trollian Handle:  vortexDiver

Typing Quirk:  Yo~u a~lwa~ys inse~rt a~ tilde~ a~fte~r e~a~ch r~o~und vo~we~l.  It re~minds yo~u~ o~f so~me~thing.

 
This is a static pose to show full figure for outfit and weapon, as well as a general overview.



Vitrel with her lusus.
 

Vitrel with perspective God Tier costume.  She would make an excellent Thief of Void, willing to take whatever she needed to hide what she wanted and stubborn enough to will whatever she wanted, even if it took removing the non-existence of something from reality.


Character Notes:
 Vitrel was heavily influenced by her lusus, one of my favorite things, an octopus.  Her first name was taken by Vitreledonella richardi, the scientific name for the glass octopus.  Obfusa was taken from the word "obfuscate".   

3 comments:

  1. I like her I like her personality. The artwork is excellent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what you're talking about when you say her blood is too blue. To me, the hue reads only 3 ticks below Eridan, well within the accepted seadweller range. You're fine.

    ReplyDelete