Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Crisis Averted!

So, last week, I deleted my Google account out of frustration and near tears (because it was abusing me); but I didn't know that if I did, it would also delete my Blogger account.  Surprise!  Except, it was more like, "Surprise!  You have a brain tumor!"  I was so upset by this that I was in tears.  It wasn't just the loss of a blog to me.  It was over the fact that I have been a blocked writer for years, and writing those 21 blogs were the first thing in a long time of any substance that I have written in a long time.  Losing them all like that was like saying that none of that work was worth my time.  Except for the short blogs, I spent at least two hours on each one.  On two of them, I spent eight hours.  It isn't something that I just threw together.

I have two friends that gave me support when it happened (Thanks Kelly & Sorana!).  Another friend was a huge help though, by recovering twenty of my nineteen of my twenty blogs (the other was just an introduction and was Ok to be lost).  Thank you so much Katharine.  Now, being able to repost each of the old blogs makes me feel like I an do it again.  I am even going to finish my challenge.

The challenge was given to me by my friend Eloise.  She suggested that I do an alphabetical blog where I pick a new topic to write on every day.  Other than my crisis, I have really enjoyed it.  Besides one blog (A), the only thing I have to replace is the pictures, but since I still have them saved, it shouldn't take me so long.

Thanks for hanging in there with me through my melodrama.  Crisis averted!

2 comments:

  1. Whew! Well I'm so glad that you were able to recover all of your hard work. I know I would've cried too. I would have hated to see you give up though! Don't ever do that! Just keep writing no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome :) I'm so glad that you have decided to keep blogging. I have been enjoying all the challenges and can't wait to see what's next:)

    Cheers to happy blogs!

    ReplyDelete